Best Vitiligo/Leucoderma Treatment Specialist in Delhi
Vitiligo or Leucoderma is an autoimmune skin condition leading to “white patches” on the skin and in some cases loss of color from the hair, and rarely the eyeballs. These patches appear because of the loss of melanocytes. Melanocytes are cells responsible for producing the skin pigment known as melanin which gives color to the skin and protects it from the ultraviolet rays. Vitiligo can affect either the large areas (generalized), can affect only limited areas (localized) or can affect just the fingertips and lips (lip-tip vitiligo) and sometimes just the mucosal surfaces such as the lips or the genitalia (mucosal vitiligo).
There is considerable psychosocial morbidity associated with vitiligo and there is certain social stigma associated with this disease. Few pertinent points are:
1. Treatment of vitiligo DOES EXIST – Medical and surgical. Vitiligo can be re-pigmented, i.e. color in the patches can be produced and maintained.
2. Vitiligo is NOT CONTAGIOUS.
3. Vitiligo also has laser treatment available.
Vitiligo can affect people irrespective of their age or gender. Generally, this skin condition is categorized as:
1. Non segmental Vitiligo – The non-segmental or generalized vitiligo is the most common type of vitiligo which affects both sides of the body and patches can be seen all over the body including scalp, face, neck, hands, legs and genitals.
2. Segmental Vitiligo – The depigmentation is confined to only one side of the body and it is mostly seen in children.
Causes of vitiligo
The exact reason why vitiligo occurs is still unknown but many researches have shown that the following factors can be considered as a reason for its occurrence:
- Autoimmune disorder which means the patient’s immune system becomes overactive and destroys the melanocytes.
- Can be because of some viral cause
- Heredity or genetic disorder
- Exposure to some harmful chemical
- A neural disorder
Symptoms of vitiligo
1. The main symptom is the appearance of white spots or white patches on the skin.
2. The shape of these white patches is irregular, however, they do not cause any soreness, discomfort, irritation or dryness in the skin. There are no surface changes on the patches.
3. These white patches are photosensitive, so patients suffering from vitiligo should avoid exposure to the direct sunlight for a prolonged period.
4. The patches might increase or spread (Progressive vitiligo) or they stabilize and do not grow for months or even years (Stable vitiligo).
If you are looking for vitiligo or leucoderma laser treatment in South Delhi, Greater Kailash, Visit Veya Aesthetics and consult with the best vitiligo specialist in Delhi, Dr. Rajat Kandhari. He provides an optimal treatment that suits the patient’s requirements. Book an appointment with the doctor now!
He is the most honest and friendly doctor I have met so far which I believe is very important aspect in understanding the issue. And he is great at what he does.
Dr. Rajat Khandari is an excellent doctor. He is quite patient in explaining the problem to the patient. Staff is very polite. Overall a good experience.
Best Dermatology office I have ever been to. The office is very clean and simple. A very calming environment to enter into. I saw dr Rajat Kandhari. He was very efficient and knowledgeable. He made me feel very comfortable during my procedure. Time management and professionalism is very important to me. Dr Kandhari excelled in both. He does magic to your face. I highly recommend going to him. I will definitely be back for my future dermatology needs.
Dr Rajat is very polite and patient doctor.. He understood my concerns and the course of treatment prescribed was brilliant.. I am a happy patient
Dr. Rajat Kandhari is very caring and helpful person.He recommended me the best and advised proper medical treatment. I am glad that i meet Dr Rajat. Thank you so much Dr. Rajat for your advice and care.
I have been coming to Dr Rajat for more than a year for myself and my son. Everytime From the time I walked into the doctor’s office I am greeted with the smiles by his staff members. They are all very polite and very helpful. Dr. Rajat always to listen to my health needs before answering the questions I have. His recomendation has always works for me This is the best experience I have had in a doctor’s office
Dr. Rajat is the best doctor. He is very polite and calm. He advised me the best medical treatment. May God give him a lot of success in his life.
This is our 4th visit and Dr. Rajat Kandhari is very professional and excellent with his patients. He’s one of the best dermatologist in Delhi. We are very happy and with his treatments we have had good results. Nice atmosphere in the clinic along with good and helpful staff. Wish him all the best.
Very polite person, treatment procedure and medication are explained in depth. The time and attention to the patient is given with patience n warmth. Would recommend to all.
Dr. Rajat recommended treatment is very effective.He will treat your skin disorder in a vary effective way. For long and difficult skin problems, the concern must meet Dr. Rajat.